Jeffrey A. Ford
Jeffrey A. Ford
Fall Creek Farm & Nursery, Lowell, OR. Sales Manager- Mexico & Latin America Dec. ’14-present
• Supervise our sales agents and product & grower support reps in each of the established territories, establishing forecasts and ensuring brand compliance.
• Contribute to, and execute upon, the established strategy for each region within the territory.
• Monthly reporting on budget vs actuals.
Inabata America Corp., Costa Mesa, CA. National Sales Mgr. June ’13-Nov. ‘14
• Lead salesman for all of our major North American frozen food ingredient accounts totaling approx. $10MM in business as well as oversight of our fresh blueberry program from Chile to Europe of approx. $3MM.
• Procurement for existing frozen berry business from North & South America for our sales offices in Japan, Hong Kong and South Korea (total value approx. $20MM). Spearheaded initiative to add Peruvian frozen Mango to our portfolio for the Korean market.
Inabata America Corp., Santiago, Chile. Purchasing Mgr. Nov.’12-June ‘13
• Liaised between our sales offices in Asia and our South American suppliers to ensure the best quality product at competitive prices.
• Handled both the sales and purchasing for our customers in the US and Europe.
• Provided crop updates and performed QC inspections during processing and prior to shipment.
Inabata America Corp., San Diego, CA. Sales Executive April ’11-Nov.’12
• Worked in an entrepreneurial environment within the food division of a large Japanese trading company and reported directly to the GM. Responsibilities were split 50/50 between sales and purchasing.
• Extensive time spent travelling to South America to meet with our main suppliers of fresh and frozen products. Specialized in offering supply-chain solutions to our small to midsize customers.
• In 2012 took over the fresh blueberry program from South America to Europe. Working with European receivers handled all aspects of the business including: packing formats, shipping schedules, volumes, quality reports, final pricing and liquidations. In total shipped approx. 250 tons of blueberries to Ireland, the UK and Holland.
• Increased our sales by 100%, respectively, with our top 2 frozen customers after only 10 months on the job.
Amcor Australasia, Santiago, Chile. Consultant Dec. ´09-Mar. ‘11
• Amcor Australasia is the owner of a Modified Atmosphere technology for the packing and export of fresh fruits and vegetables. Reported directly to the Vice President of Sales, International Sales Manager and Technical Manager.
• Provided assistance on special projects in Peru collecting information in regard to market size, segmentation, identification of "first users", entrance strategy, risk and competition.
Orchard View Farms Chile-S.A., Santiago, Chile General Mgr. June ’08-May ‘09
• Created a Chilean subsidiary for the purposes of keeping stock of MAP bags during the harvest season.
• Hired attorneys and accountants, established a remote office, negotiated storage space, supervised the importation of product. Solicited orders, handled delivery, invoicing and monthly reporting.
• Successfully and efficiently imported, stored and sold 1 million units during our first year of operation.
Orchard View Farms, Inc., The Dalles, OR. View Fresh Manager May ´05-May ´09
• Sales Manager for Modified Atmosphere bags used for shipping high quality fresh cherries from Chile to Asia. Required to operate remotely from Chile 9 months out of the year for sales and marketing of the MAP bags. For the other 3 months I was back in Oregon performing various duties during fresh cherry harvest: night shift manager/QC/R&D.
• Grew the customer base by 200% from 2005-2009. Increased gross revenues from approximately $600,000 in 2005 to approximately $1,600,000 in 2009.
• Position entailed economic/crop forecasting, budgeting, sales, product placement, collections, customer relations, supply chain management and R&D.
• Duke University, Durham, NC. BA in Economics, Certificate in Markets and Management.
• Coursework: Basic and Intermediate Macro and Microeconomics, Industrial Organizations, International Trade, Financial Accounting.
• Fluent in Spanish (both written and spoken at a Business Professional level), basic knowledge of Portuguese. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Rafting, hiking, foreign languages, golf, tennis, soccer, reading, travel.